100% Crash continuing from latest save

Build Number / Patch Number:

• Save written using a build from 05/04 (don’t recall numbers)

• Crash occurred on above build as well as the following: 2020-05-05-0923-p15467-s

**Seed Number:**Unknown
**Type of Bug:**Crash
Blocking Progression: Yes
Result of Save/Load: Yes
Short description:
Attached saved game file and crash logs.

Prior to saving, my game was in an odd state. I was in a negative energy state and draining batteries. Let it go for a bit as I was building some energy plants. Moved my camera deep into the fog of war randomly, came back and it appears battery power ran out. When I restored energy balance to positive, I could not get a large number of my buildings back online. Pylons weren’t connecting to each other. I tinkered around with it a while and was blocked, so I saved and restarted. Upon loading the game, hitting this crash 100% now.

Notes:

• Crash occurs when loading all of the saves in my autosave rotation and I will need to restart from scratch

Call stack:

Unhandled exception
Titan_Win64_Shipping!UBYGCity::UpdateMinimapTex() [c:\iot_build\iot	itan\source	itan\world\manageme nt\bygcity.cpp:5166]
Titan_Win64_Shipping!UBYGCity::GameTickEvenWhenPau sed() [c:\iot_build\iot	itan\source	itan\world\manageme nt\bygcity.cpp:953]
Titan_Win64_Shipping!UBYGHeart::Update() [c:\iot_build\iot	itan\source	itan\world\bygheart .cpp:531]
Titan_Win64_Shipping!ABYGGameState::Tick() [c:\iot_build\iot	itan\source	itan\core\byggamest ate.cpp:99]
Titan_Win64_Shipping!AActor::TickActor()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTi ck()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask> ::ExecuteTask()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTask sNamedThread()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTask sUntilQuit()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!FTaskGraphImplementation::Wai tUntilTasksComplete()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTi ckGroup()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGrou p()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!WinMain()
Titan_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\s tartup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

Reproduction Steps (including steps that led to the crash initially):

1. Load build from 05/04 - experimental
  2. Start a new game. Play for a couple of hours
  3. Allow power grid to reach a negative state (draining batteries)
  4. Move camera away from base, into fog of war
  5. Return camera to base, note batteries have drained to 0 and buildings are now offline
  6. Allow power grid to reach a positive state. Note buildings do not come back online
  7. Tinker with power grid, turning on/off devices – note buildings do not come back online
  8. Save game
  9. Load game by pressing “Continue”. Game crashes on load.
  10. Update to 2020-05-05-0923-p15467-s
  11. Load game by pressing “Continue”.

Game crashes 100% when attempting step 11. Cannot reload save.

hey @mtoyama - Thanks for including your save files. Unfortunately right now we cannot guarantee that any save files from previous games will be playable in future versions, especially if we make big changes. I’ve forwarded this along, but for now my recommendation would be to start a new game in the most recent patch. Sorry about that! We’ll let you know when things are becoming more compatible with new releases in the future.

Thanks Alexa! Please note that the crash occurred before I updated – in fact, it was crashing out to the launcher that made me aware that there was an update.