[BUG][GAMEPLAY] - Energy Pylon grid not registering factory

Build Number / Patch Number: 2020-07-15-1032-p17608-v613-S
Seed Number: 1454107106
Type of Bug: Gameplay
Blocking Progression: No
Result of Save/Load: No
Short description: Energy pilon objective doesn’t get fulfilled even though conditions are met.

Reproduction Steps:
Just following the tutorial, even though I placed the energy pilon so that the grid overlaps with the factory, the objective doesn’t get fulfilled. See screenshot. Clicking on the complete button allowed me to continue.

@Nephtys welcome to the forums and thank you for posting! We are hoping to redo a large portion of the tutorial, which is why this bug hasn’t been fixed yet… very sorry about that! For now, you can just press ‘complete’ to pass over the step. It won’t cause any issues with gameplay, since it looks like you have it correctly set up in game. Thanks!

1 Like

@byg_alexa Are you sure it was set to be fixed?

I can’t get energy pylon and transmitters to work.

Hi @merlin - we’re aware of the issue but it hasn’t been fixed yet :smiley: thanks for your patience, this one has been around since launch. We are hoping to redo the tutorial to some extent in a future update :slight_smile: On second glance it looks like you are running into a different bug here apart from the tutorial - what was the order you built your devices/city in? We’ll have a look into it.

Hi @byg_alexa,
Yes, most likely “it looks like you are running into a different bug here apart from the tutorial - what was the order you built your devices / city in”

I was building and dismantling a lot, ran out of resources, and needed to improvise, so I was doing things outside of the tutorial instructions just so I could get the necessary resources.
Also, added floors to buildings.
Anyway, all is well, by that point, I learned enough to have fun playing the full game.

1 Like