CHANGES AS OF 0.10.3
indicates changes due to community feedback!
Night Light, Night Bright
In the past we’ve received quite a bit of feedback that the day and night cycles aren’t visually obvious, so we’ve taken the opportunity to really brighten up our lighting and make things pop a bit more! Look forward to bright, glowing cities at night, some gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, and a more dynamic difference between day and night on Titan!
- We’re hoping, in addition to just being very pretty, this will help with cementing the Citizen schedules (work, leisure and sleep cycles)
- We’re also still in the middle of adding accessibility and graphics settings for the new lighting. Please let us know how it performs on your machines/what you would like to see changed!
- Adjusted the brightness of the territory and command overlays to improve visibility
Up In the Sky! It’s a Bird! It’s a Plane! No, it’s… Saturn?!
- Excited to take new photos of your city during different times of day? Don’t forget to tilt that camera up, too – we’ve added skyboxes to Photo Mode for more exciting skyline shots!
- We’ve added an Auto-Select option for building – this will allow you to use multiple tiers towards constructing buildings and devices. The game will choose the most cost-effective combination of tiers to pay for your new construction
Balance and Stability
- Lowered all ship costs by 20%
- Continuing to balance map-gen parameters
- Made a small adjustment to game tick to hopefully alleviate frame-dropping when it occurs
FIXES AS OF 0.10.3
- Fixed map-gen issues preventing certain maps from generating correctly
- Fixed missing delivery jobs on old saves files, and prevented them from happening in the first place
- Fixed Employee state not being cleared correctly when unassigning them from a building, causing all sorts of issues
- Fixed construction jobs getting Employees incorrectly being assigned to the job twice
- Fixed ships not being allowed to dismantle correctly if a dismantle was started and then the shipyard was disabled
- Fixed a wide variety of problems related to failed deliveries by changing the way the job system handles failures
- Fixed net worth being multiplied incorrectly
- Fixed device cancel job not completely cancelling if no Employee was already doing the job
- Fixed turning buildings on and off causing energy storage to increase or decrease incorrectly
- Fixed quite a few one-off crashes, added checks to prevent other instances
- Fixed issues with placing a shipyard on top of Citizens
- Fixed missing thumbnails and strings on new map tiles
- Fixed a rare case where Employees could get stuck between pathing nodes due to a miscalculation
- Fixed jobs not being started correctly in certain cases
- Fixed jobs getting stuck in the queue and added checks to figure out the source
- Fixed a crash occurring in the shipyard
- Fixed bad states caused by resource patches mining to empty
- Fixed Employee getting stuck when cancelling certain upgrades