Experimental Branch Patch Notes 0.2.7

You hear a crackling through your transmission device, as if someone is trying to connect. You wait patiently for a few moments, but no one is on the other end. Still… someone patches some notes through to you.

What could this mean?

corrupted signal gif

Changes as of 0.2.7

Engine Upgrade

• We’ve upgraded our engine yet again to 4.25.2! This was a much smaller upgrade for us, but contains an official half-fix from Epic to better support Windows 7 users. It also (hopefully) improves performance to some degree.

Memory Leaks

• We have spent a huge chunk of time focusing on identifying memory leaks and areas of code that are not getting cleaned up properly. Please let us know if our changes have helped or hindered performance!

Otherwise, it’s just bug fixes. Stay tuned for new feature testing next week!

• Note: there are a few fixes that did not make it into this build. For now, please avoid building storage on the second and third floors of buildings. This is what is causing trucks to disappear on you all the time! We will patch that in on Monday hopefully.

Fixes as of 0.2.7

• Fixed pausing device construction before resources arrived leaving an empty-looking construction site even though resources were present
  • Fixed pausing a device construction not releasing the Employee from their construction job
  • Fixed resources dropped on a ground tile due to job cancellation and storage full not being returned to storage when it became available again (they were never cleaned up)
  • Fixed trucks becoming incorrectly and permanently reserved when an Employee on the second floor was picking up resources from a Mine
  • Fixed a crash in the PowerManagement system
  • Fixed a crash in the Job Management system
  • Fixed Connected buildings not finishing connection and being inoperable after save and load
  • Fixed trucks being unable to transport more than one waste at a time (was due to the fact that waste typically generates one at a time)
  • Fixed device dismantle jobs never resuming if paused
  • Fixed a crash when destroying a rebel-owned building that drops resources on the newly created tile
  • Fixed an issue where loading a game would 100% of the time result in a decrease in framerate, regardless of the contents of the game
  • Fixed pausing and cancelling a construction job causing a storage discrepancy if not all reserved resources had been taken out of storage when job was paused and cancelled
  • Fixed pausing and resuming a construction deleting an extra resource from the HUD

You can find the full list of known issues here .

New game with .27 (several saves submitted through the new ingame crash reporter)

Memory leak still there.

Performance still tanks once you reach about 100 employees.
Stutters/long freezes etc.

After a reload it seems to work for a few minutes but performance degrades really fast and the MemLeak is soon to follow.

This is getting really frustrating.
Do you even test the game? Oh no, we let interested players pay 25€ to do our job.

I know it’s (very) Early Access but in the end it comes down to price/quality. I bought several early access game (all less than 15€) but none of them displayed such a poor quality.

25€ for a game in this state is a ripoff.

It’s called early access for a reason. I have played a lot of early access games also and I can say mostly good things for Brace Your Self Games from my perspective. They are very active here on forum, they listen to peoples sugestion, they roll out updates realy quick. Most devs wont even let you test the game in this kinda state, state of still being built but give you access much later. A lot of you people that buy early access forget that it is not intended to be full fun blown experience, but as a process where you get a taste of whats to come in a finished game and to try to be a part of a finished product by constructive criticism and feedback. I think they are one of the best if not the best experience in ea for me and hope that they succeed in their vision of this cool game. And if it all bothers you so much, do what I do when I feel game is breaking to much, stop playing it for a while and wait for a better update to try to play again, and if that doesn’t work for you stop buying ea games and play something else. Don’t put the blame on a price, you should know what you are buying, and in this case it is a possibility of a good game, it is more like a pledge at this moment.

You should read my post again and try to understand what i wrote.

a price tag of 25€ is very high for an early access non AAA game and suggests that there is “SOME” level of quality. Clearly in its current state IoT pre-alpha at best so maybe 5€ or better yet, pay the people that do all the testing.

1.13 didn’t have those reproducable stability/performance issues 1.14 introduced,since then nothing major got fixed. Instead more and more “features” get added to introduce even more bugs and from the looks of it nobody even bothered to play the new versions before releasing them on epic.

The core mechanic, move resources from A to B and build stuff is broken so all the features one can think of wont make this any better.

Hey R-Type. We hear you. We are putting a lot of our manpower into the longer term bugs and technical issues because we understand that they’re frustrating to play around. Many of these issues have multiple sources, and it can take a while to consistently reproduce them which is why we are so grateful to this community for sharing their saves with us.

Part of the reason that we wanted to do early access is so we can be closer to the community during development. There are already a bunch of additions and changes that have been made to Titan because of community suggestions.

That said, we’re definitely a long way from finished, and we understand the bugs and memory leaks can be frustrating, but each week we get a little closer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Picked up the EA today, so I’m fairly new. But it seems air purifiers take a ton of xethane for a marginal pollution reduction. They basically completely drain the tile of xethane from 30 -> 0 in minutes, then go silent without a warning. This makes it impossible to control pollution in any meaningful sense. Is it possible that the air purifier xethane drain is multiplied by like… a 100x… somewhere by mistake? Or is the transfer of xethane “in the cloud” from nearby tiles not working well - seems extremely slow? Or is the purifier supposed to have a “range” of tiles it can drain xethane from? Seems it only drains from the actual building tile.

Edit: Oh, I see. They keep working even without xethane in the atmosphere. That explains a lot.

2 Likes

Where can i see if or if not im running with patch “0.2.7”?

Screenshot w version

Is the build i can play on Epic Games the experimental branch? Or better: how can i switch to experimental then?

experimental is a “separate game” on epic (you should own it already). if you click on the 3 dots you can see the current installed version.

That’s the good answer R-Type :ok_hand:
IoT EAE is the sandbox for the patchs, you can play the game like a laboratory assistant :bath:

I have recently reduced the impact Purifiers have on Xethane by 6x. This will be in the next balance update.