Few Hours In, Few Thoughts on Information Feedback

I’m really enjoying the game! The fighting is very compelling, the art style is great. I can’t wait to see how the game develops.

Wanted to add some thoughts regarding my experience so far while I try to avoid what’s already been said in other threads:

1. With a general replay feature, I’d really like to see some computer controlled camera movement to highlight specific results. Slow motion zoom into critically damaged vehicles/mechs, crashed vehicles/mechs, etc, I feel like the events of the 5 second rounds should be more clearly identified when they occur. I feel like I have to do a forensics of “OK, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?” to determine anything in a given round. more clear graphic text popups or symbols would be helpful as well.

2. While trying to select actions, I very often select other mechs. One solution is to “lock” the actions of other mechs after I’ve done a first pass, so they can’t be easily selected and modified by accident. Or, just have a larger mask behind the action buttons and the objects on the map, so you can’t select them easily.

3. plotting a movement path with multiple shooting actions is a bit clunky. going back and forth betwee movement and wait is frustrating. You should be able to drag movement actions in the timeline like a shooting action and it automatically insert a “wait” action between. Do that and Just remove the wait action.

3.a. You should be able to re-plot a move action without having to cancel it and create a new one (someone let me know if this is possible).

3.b. You should be able to drag a jump action back into a move action, and while the trajectory of the jump (angle of jump relative to path of travel) would remain constant, it would drag the jump action, farther back into the traveled movement path.

3.c. You should be able to re-plot a jump action already on the timeline without removing it and recreating it.

1. Selecting targets across changes of elevation is sometimes very challenging.

2. When a target has been selected with an attack action, I would love to see a pop-up of the target’s portrait (like when you select an enemy mech), showing the weapons and stats of the target. I often find when two mechs are side-by-side, I have to target one, then go back and double check I targeted the one with the equipment and stats I meant to.

3. (UI) Having clearer symbols of which of my mech’s are tied to which of the mech keys would be super helpful. just the 0, 1, 2, and 3. I find I’m constantly trying to recall where my “sniper” is.

4. (GAMEPLAY) Increasing the inertia in the mech movement would be fun IMO. Right now, they act a lot smaller than they are. I would love if they couldn’t turn on a dime. turn-to-turn.

Thanks team, excited to see the developments!

1 Like

Hello, I’ll do my best to provide some answers:

With a general replay feature, I’d really like to see some computer controlled camera movement to highlight specific results. Slow motion zoom into critically damaged vehicles/mechs, crashed vehicles/mechs, etc, I feel like the events of the 5 second rounds should be more clearly identified when they occur. I feel like I have to do a forensics of “OK, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?” to determine anything in a given round. more clear graphic text popups or symbols would be helpful as well.

Yeah, making the battles more readable is very very high on our UX list!

While trying to select actions, I very often select other mechs. One solution is to “lock” the actions of other mechs after I’ve done a first pass, so they can’t be easily selected and modified by accident. Or, just have a larger mask behind the action buttons and the objects on the map, so you can’t select them easily.

This is a bug! Fix coming soon :slight_smile:

Plotting a movement path with multiple shooting actions is a bit clunky. going back and forth betwee movement and wait is frustrating. You should be able to drag movement actions in the timeline like a shooting action and it automatically insert a “wait” action between. Do that and Just remove the wait action.
(and all the other points about timeline)

Timeline smoothness is something we do want to consider revisiting at some point - the technical demand to make adaptive actions etc is actually much much higher than you would think (it’s something myself and other members of QA have asked after for a while, actually!). We’re hopeful but I can’t promise anything at the moment.

Selecting targets across changes of elevation is sometimes very challenging.

We’re currently working on a solution for this!

When a target has been selected with an attack action, I would love to see a pop-up of the target’s portrait (like when you select an enemy mech), showing the weapons and stats of the target. I often find when two mechs are side-by-side, I have to target one, then go back and double check I targeted the one with the equipment and stats I meant to.

This is a cool idea!

(UI) Having clearer symbols of which of my mech’s are tied to which of the mech keys would be super helpful. just the 0, 1, 2, and 3. I find I’m constantly trying to recall where my “sniper” is.

This is also a great idea!

(GAMEPLAY) Increasing the inertia in the mech movement would be fun IMO. Right now, they act a lot smaller than they are. I would love if they couldn’t turn on a dime. turn-to-turn.

I actually think a lot about this as well - thankfully it’s something we should be able to address, but we also have to make sure the game is still fun to play! We’ll experiment :slight_smile: