First attempts ... I have a few questions ....

Loving the game so far but I think I either missed something in the tutorial or I’m just really confused.
I had to stop my playthrough because of a couple of things I couldn’t figure out. Hopefully someone can help me out.

• WASTE. I had an entire factory dedicated to housing at the beginning … so much waste piled up I couldn’t clean it fast enough due to …

• … only having 7 EMPLOYEES out of 15 citizens. Did I miss somewhere that you could increase this? I didn’t see anywhere how to get more. I had plenty of red artifacts but 7/7 employees. I assume I have to upgrade a building but I tried upgrading HQ and that didn’t seem to work.

• Eventually I did add RESIDENTIAL building but again waste shut them down almost immediately.

• Rebels … I got through the tutorial where you build the command center but I was unable to find any rebels on my map? Is there a way to increase scanning range?

Thanks for any help.

E

Build conversion centres or capsules to increase your worker cap. Using these, you can also convert citizens to workers.

• WASTE. I had an entire factory dedicated to housing at the beginning … so much waste piled up I couldn’t clean it fast enough due to …

• … only having 7 EMPLOYEES out of 15 citizens. Did I miss somewhere that you could increase this? I didn’t see anywhere how to get more. I had plenty of red artifacts but 7/7 employees. I assume I have to upgrade a building but I tried upgrading HQ and that didn’t seem to work.

• Eventually I did add RESIDENTIAL building but again waste shut them down almost immediately.

• Rebels … I got through the tutorial where you build the command center but I was unable to find any rebels on my map? Is there a way to increase scanning range?

1. Employees clean up your waste, but by default it’s the last prioritized action. You can sort your priorities using Drag and Drop management in the Employee Management Panel. It’s selected in the top left of your UI.
  2. You can increase your workers through Conversion Capsules. You can increase the amount you can control with Capsules as well. Build one of the Capsules and click on it when it is complete to issue a convert order.
  3. You can upgrade Command Centers to increase your vision of them. You can also keep building outwards as well.

conversion capsule or conversion center is your friend for workers
the command center with upgrades increase your view - but tbh its a slooooowwww process.
maybe with ships itll be more fun.
maybe create a scout unit / ship like the scout in northgard

So a few things

Citizens vs Employees

1. You have 2 types of ‘people’. Citizens and Employees.
  2. Citizens are what you buy with influence from the starport. Currently the only thing citizens are used for by themselves, is to generate revenue for you in either a Monetization Pod or an Office.

Think of citizens as “Tourist you’re trying to get to buy into your timeshare” . And by “timeshare” we mean “indentured servitude to the Council”

1. To increase the total amount of citizens you can have, you must build Habitat Pods, or Residential Buildings
  2. Then you have Employees. You start out with 7 as you pointed out
  3. To increase the totally number of Employees you can have, you must build Conversion Capsules. Each Capsule increases your total Employee count by 3 or so.
  4. To gain new Employees you must convert Citizens into employees
  5. To convert a citizen to an employee you must pay in “Artifacts”. Each Artifact allows you to convert 1 citizen

As such you’ll be converting citizens into employees to keep your workforce up. But at the same time you need to keep buying citizens from the starport both for generating credits and for future employee conversions

Expanding your Borders

1. Initially your HQ has a radius around it where it has influence
  2. inside that influence you can survey ruins and purchase land for influence
  3. You can upgrade your HQ to increase your initial radius
  4. To expand further you must use “Command Centers”. These are in the Military section of building
  5. Command centers like the HQ, have a radius of influence though its much smaller than an HQ’s radius
  6. To expand the Command Center’s radius of control, upgrade it. You can upgrade up to level 3
  7. Note Command Centers need POWER too. You’ll generally need to daisy chain Power Pylons and Command Centers to expand your radius

Rebel Bases

1. As you expand your borders you’ll eventually run into small rebel bases
  2. These are identifiable via the red tiles they occupy
  3. Note to ‘defeat’ a rebel base, you only have to convert the “Rebel HQ” building.
  4. Note I think that rebel ships actually come from OFF MAP. meaning that while each rebel base seems to have a starship port where all those rebel ships are coming to kill you are coming from, in reality they don’t seem to actually rise up from the rebel bases themselves, so you can ‘save time’ by just convertin the “Rebel HQ” building and then move on

Hope that answers your questions