First impressions, bugs, QoL ideas, wishes

Hey, played the game for a few hours now and while i played i wrote down stuff that either bothered me, that i noticed or otherwise think could be mentioned, here my list so far, will update when i play further.

Quality of life

• a quick unit select keybind would be nice
  • See a bit further than the 5 Seconds in the timeline bar to see if your shots overheat, or generate the heat of the shot in the beginning of the shot?
  • Way out of pre-combat autosave, like flee back to map, cannot find any?
  • Show clearer which enemy or own unit is inactive in the folder thingy above the timeline.
  • A paint all parts button
  • Let us select multiple parts to scrap, show what i get for it, even make a scrap all level <x parts button or so?

Bugs

• When equipping your mech and seeing your inventory the body parts have a different order, thats confusing. In one items come first, in the other arms come first.
  • More minimal spawn distance, had friends and emey units literally spawn side by side several times.
  • Building and canceling a build doesnt update your funds in the build menu, it still says i am out unless i quit and go back in.

Feature wishes

• Third timeline bar for stuff like shoulder/legmounted weapons and akimbo shooting of handguns if heat allows, maybe as pilot skill (added by Bruno on Discord)
  • Repair time depending on damage?
  • “Set Items” give bonus, like “full Knox L”!?
1 Like

in the QoL category, id like to see a more clear indicator of which units are active and which are incapacitated… i know i can just scrub over the timeline, but sometimes if a unit doesnt move (or cant move) it will still be active and i wont always realize it… or ill waste shots on something already out of action.

id like to see something like maybe holding down alt to highlight all active units (friendly and enemy)… if that makes any sense…

yeah, i had a immobile tank shooting at me half covered under a mech wreck and it took me way too long to figure it out, gladly they dont do that much damage ^^ still.

New from a second small season:

QoL

• Parts breakdown after mission should show item levels.
  • Drag and drop mechs in unit list to sort order or at least put mechs without pilots etc on the end
  • Show weapon loadouts in the unit overview.
  • Time should be paused after a battle imho.

Bugs

• Capture/Free events dont give pilots?

Features wishes:

• Free second hand could give more stats to two handed main weapons

Third Season:

QoL
Big gripe: Subsystems… can i have a easy way to strip subsystems out of components? Would make my live a lot easier.

1 Like

These are all great feedback! I’ll try to answer what I can and ask for clarification when I don’t understand.

quick unit select keybind

Can you clarify this one for me a bit? In battle right now if you press 1 thru 9 (or F1 thru F9, i can’t remember) you can select any unit on the field. Unless you’re referring to something else :smiley:

see further than 5 seconds on the timeline bar

I don’t think we have anything planned like this, but I think changing the timeline might change the game too much from its original design.

Way out of pre-combat autosave

Currently the best way to get out of combat that you don’t want to do is to load an autosave or a save you made yourself from before you interacted with the PoI. I’m not sure if there’s any changes to fleeing combat planned, but it’s something we’ll discuss :slight_smile:

Show which enemy or unit is disabled

This is great feedback!

paint all parts
select multiple parts to scrap

We’re working on these features for a release soon :slight_smile:

When equipping your mech and seeing your inventory the body parts have a different order, thats confusing. In one items come first, in the other arms come first.
More minimal spawn distance, had friends and emey units literally spawn side by side several times.
Building and canceling a build doesnt update your funds in the build menu, it still says i am out unless i quit and go back in.

Thanks for noting these! We’ve got fixes planned. Good eye :smiley:

Third timeline bar
‘Sets’ of amor giving bonus

Hmm, an interesting idea! We’ll discuss it.

Repair time depending on damage

We definitely want to fix repair to be dependant on the actual damage you’ve taken!

id like to see something like maybe holding down alt to highlight all active units (friendly and enemy)… if that makes any sense…

@radio_babylon This is a good idea, but I think we want to make it even more obvious than that (and not hiding behind a hotkey!) For now, and this is completely uncommunicated in our current UI, you can hold CTRL in battle to see all units health bars. Might be kind of similar to what you’re asking, but we want to improve it.

Parts breakdown after mission should show item levels.
Drag and drop mechs in unit list to sort order or at least put mechs without pilots etc on the end
Show weapon loadouts in the unit overview.

All great ideas!

Time should be paused after a battle imho.

We’re working on changing this as we speak!

Capture/Free events dont give pilots?

Less a bug and more a missing feature! We’ll add it in the future.

Free second hand could give more stats to two handed main weapons

This is a very cool idea but I’m not sure if it will work with our animation setup (which is very complicated)! I will have to ask.

Big gripe: Subsystems… can i have a easy way to strip subsystems out of components? Would make my live a lot easier.

We’re working on this as well!

Great ideas everyone! I’ve taken notes so that we’ll look at your feedback when we get to those parts of the game/our development cycle.

1 Like

i swear i tried 1-9 and f1-9 xD guess i failed. yes, thats what i meant.

what i wanted with the enhanced bar was not really see into the future movement of the enemy further, but see the shots in the bar and its heat.

atm you can click engage / disengage right before the drop in, but when you are in the drop/unit select screen you dont seem to be able to back out… thats what i meant… would be nice if we could. since the autosave goes into that screen i cant find a way out, while literally a second before i would still be able to decide.

thanks for answering so in depth :slight_smile: glad you like the feedback, will try to add further.

1 Like

Minor QoL addition:

Put the Limp function in the action bar at the same spot as the move function… would be more convenient, and you cant use both at the same time anyway.

An expansion on this:

Please add indicators on a mech that clearly indicate that the mech is disabled:

• pilot dead
  • ejecting
  • pilot knocked out

The goal is so that i don’t have to click on every unit to figure out if the unit is getting up or just dead. And it isn’t super obvious at first glance that this is the case.

Maybe an indicator above the mech “dead / incapacitated / eject(ed / ing)”

(when I say ejecting I mean “going to eject without any other significant action like shooting”)

2 Likes