Just some questions about what could be coming to the game

Hello Devs, loving the game so far, though I’m only playing bit by bit to savor it but not get too burnt out into the game has most of its content. Coming from a heavy strategy background (4X, Grand Strategy, RTS) I’m loving how you guys are combining the great aspects of each sub genre and I’m looking very forward to sinking dozens of hours into the game once he has enough content.

So I wanted to as a few questions, I hope you’re able to answer

1: Will there be rival corporations ai to duke it out with?

2: If yes, will there be some sort of diplomacy options with them, to trade, make alliances, request tributes etc.?

3: Will combat only be ship to ship battles or do you have something else in mind maybe for long term?

4: Will there be a technology tree of sorts?

Thank you for the great game so far.

Thank you for playing our game! I would love to answer your questions.

1: Will there be rival corporations ai to duke it out with?

This is a goal of ours to add at some point. We have designs for Rival factions, but have not implemented the AI.

2: If yes, will there be some sort of diplomacy options with them, to trade, make alliances, request tributes etc.?

These types of interactions are core to 4X games and is something that is on our radar. We currently are only focusing on territory control and combat, but we have said in the past that non-military approaches to playing the game are important to us too. This includes diplomacy, etc.

3: Will combat only be ship to ship battles or do you have something else in mind maybe for long term?

We have discussed the possibility of other forms of engagement, but we are not ready to talk about them at this time, nor can we guarantee that they will be added any time soon.

4: Will there be a technology tree of sorts?

This is important for us to add, as the current way of unlocking new technology is only temporary. The point of Artifacts is intended for the Tech Tree, and their current use is also temporary. We are experimenting with ideas on how to make the Tech Tree more unique than the standard branching paths that are in every game. Because we want the Tech Tree to be unique, it may take us some time to make sure that it is fun and interesting. I would expect the Tech Tree to come later in development, after we have implemented the core gameplay systems, like Population Simulation, Combat, Factory simulation, etc.