Most annoying bugs

Hi, first of all, thanks a lot for your work and the cool game. I’ve been playing it for hours and I’m also very happy about the new feature.

But since the release of the transport feature it’s really frustrating. I really want to play the feature, but I can’t because the game freezes. With every new patch, I hope that the freezing problem is fixed, but unfortunately it doesn’t happen.
This is the list of my most annoying bugs.

Bug1:
Build Number / Patch Number: 2020-06-02-1004-p16228–s
Seed Number: 1449707300
Type of Bug: Freeze
Blocking Progression: Yes
Result of Save/Load: No
Short description:
I have the bug since the release of the Transportation feature.
The Game freezes, the music continues and that’s it, I can only close the game with the task manager.
(no crash report)

Reproduction Steps:
I think it’s because: If I connect the 3 mine building on the map with the 4 mine building.
The first is already connected with the second one.

Bug2
Type of Bug: Gameplay
Blocking Progression: No
Short description:
The second part of a building is not selectable at first and after reloading the game it is not visible anymore and the field is not selectable anymore

Reproduction Steps:
I can’t really reproduce this, happens at least once per new game, first time after the last feature.
Maybe you can’t see it, but I can’t click on the blue field in front of the storage and there was before I load the game, the second connected part of the storage

Bug3
(This is already know, but maybe this can help you to find the cause)
Type of Bug: UI
Short description:
Energy UI

Reproduction Steps:
As soon as I upgrade my Factory (only this building has a fuel storage or fuel turbine), the energy display goes to 0 and remains at 0 after the upgrades are completed. if I make sure there are other buildings for fuel production and storage, this will not happen

Bug4
Short description:
Lazy employees

Reproduction Steps:
I can’t reproduce this, happens more often when I have more employees.
I have 49 free employees, but nobody wants to build anything, I didn’t know they were so lazy :-). It seems that this is caused by a building. If I cancel all the building orders and start new ones, it will work again.

Bug5
Type of Bug: Gameplay / UI
Short description:
Conversion slots counter

Reproduction Steps:
I can’t reproduce this.
The counter for the conversion slots does not really work. It stops at a value and doesn’t happen. The conversion just doesn’t take place and It cost me an artifact but nothing happens. If I press again, the conversion works.

Regarding your bug#3: I’ve noticed this happen before too. It looked to me like a new energy grid was created. I was able to change from Grid #1 to Grid #2 using the UI dropdown and found my correct energy stats.

First off welcome here to the forums and thank you very much for the super detailed post! I do want to confirm that this is all on a new game instead of loading a game from the previous version - there is a very high chance that older saves just won’t work with the new features in the game, especially with regards to the freeze. We’ve done our best to try and make old saves compatible but sometimes it won’t be possible.

I’ll continue to look into the other things you’ve reported - I think we are close to figuring out why conversion centers don’t allow conversions sometimes as well.

@byg_alexa The bugs I have reported here, I got with brand-new game after patch 0.1.14. I didn’t load an old one.
@Billio Thank you, I will test it.

@bastialisch if you still have it, a save file for these things would be incredibly useful to us :smiley:

@byg_alexa Hi, I try to reproduce the freeze with my save game. The game freeze three times and the fourth time I get this crash report.
Crash_20200604.zip (51.4 KB)
Here my save game:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kaLx9aMtEJEFCKgWygWwr8uz2ktIu5HB/view?usp=sharing

Take the last save game, just press continue.
To reproduce this, run the game at triple speed and just do something. For me it stopped at 7:41:xx or 7:42:xx.

1 Like

I’ve requested access to download the save file - thank you for getting back to me so quickly! This will be super helpful.

Hi, I approve the request.
or try this:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15TDAZw3TLZvLokAidU2qdphaAbLpYcGk?usp=sharing

Bug6
Build Number / Patch Number: 2020-06-05-1352-p16317–v251-s
Seed Number: 1450019270
Short description:
The minerals on the right side are not collected. The one on the left side I later ordered to collect and there everything is fine.

Reproduction Steps:

Bug3
(This is already know, but maybe this can help you to find the cause)
Type of Bug: UI
Short description:
I had the impression that the behavior with energy is getting better, but with the last update the grid display works even less and the allocation is completely wrong.

Reproduction Steps:

My savegame: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15TDAZw3TLZvLokAidU2qdphaAbLpYcGk?usp=sharing

Bug1
Type of Bug: Crash
Short description:
The game crashed and the freeze are still there

Reproduction Steps:
I build a storage
CrashContext_0.1.16.zip (49.3 KB)
CrashContext_0.1.16-2.zip (48.8 KB)

Bug5 (Conversion slots counter)
Type of Bug: Gameplay / UI
Short description:
I can confirm, the conversion center update Bug is solved, but if the citizen counter goes to 0, the conversion counter count but nothing happens after I get new citizen. The counter stops:

Reproduction Steps:

Hey @bastialisch thank you SO much for your detailed posts! You are a super star finding bugs. I thank you also for uploading your save files and crash information! I’ll answer to some of these:

• Bug 6 - it looks like your workers stopped working on the patch. It’s strange, because although the patch looks like it’s done with being mined, there seems to be quite a few minerals left over. We’ll keep looking into it…
  • Bug 3 - thank you for even more information on this one, we’ll keep investigating. The save file will be helpful as well.
  • Bug 1 - Thanks for your crash information here! We’ll keep working on this one.
  • Bug 5 - nice catch! I’ll work on hopefully getting that fixed for the next patch we do.

Bug1 (0.1.24):
Build Number / Patch Number: 2020-06-10-1139-p16401-v268-S
Seed Number: 1450724834
Short description:
Freezing has significantly decreased, thank you very much for that. But the performance decreases very quickly. The game stops for a second and this is getting more and more, it is at some point not possible to play anymore. When I reload my game I can play for a few minutes until it starts stuttering again and becomes unplayable. No matter which graphic settings I adjust, always behave the same.
If I ignore that and continue the game, the freez bug comes too and consumed the whole RAM.
I had a crash, too:
CrashContext_0.1.24.zip (50.6 KB)
My savegame: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15TDAZw3TLZvLokAidU2qdphaAbLpYcGk?usp=sharing

Bug2 (0.1.24):
No longer occurring.

Bug3 (0.1.24):
I could not find any problems.

Bug4 (0.1.24):
So far everything looked good.

Bug5 (0.1.24):
Is solved :slight_smile:

Bug6 (0.1.24):
All fields were cleared.

Thanks a lot, the symbols from the survey don’t stay on the fields anymore and other small bugs I couldn’t find. But somehow I don’t really understand the trucks. I think I am doing something wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for getting back with your results and tahnks for the additional save file!

Hi, the freeze and crash bug is still there:

Bug1 (0.1.25):
Build Number / Patch Number: 2020-06-19-1628-p16707-v341-S
Seed Number: 1451242213
Short description:
Crash Reports:
CrashContext_0.1.25.zip (56.6 KB)
CrashContext_0.1.25.zip (59.4 KB)

Thanks for attaching the additional save @bastialisch! Was this game created in an older version of the game, or is this new as of the most recent update?

@Bahar Hi, I start with every new update also a new game ;-).
I play the whole time with triple speed