Very low fps, strange resolution choices

so ive noticed a few issues after firing the game up… the first being, i get very low fps, between 20 and 25… i have a 3080, so id assume id probably get better framerates than that, but i get that this is pretty early and might not be that optimized…

something that might be related, though, are the strange choices i have for resolution… there are lots of them, too many to list, but oddly none of them are native (4k) resolutions… so im wondering if maybe 4k just isnt supported, or if maybe its not detecting my resolution correctly. i HAVE seen similar behavior with one other game… i use high dpi scaling in windows, so that things are actually readable for me, and if a game isnt high dpi aware, it will see the wrong resolution(s), so that might be it…

Hi @radio_babylon welcome to the forums! Currently we do not support 4k resolutions, and our settings are quite barebones at the moment (updates coming soon!) However, I’m more concerned about the slowdowns you’re experiencing - could you provide me your full specs or DxDiag if possible?

sure… https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoiltrl6pzx21an/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

not exactly a gaming-focused machine, but more than capable of running stuff like watch dogs legion cranked at 4k 55 fps, so id think it should be able to handle this with no probs…

fwiw, im not exactly experiencing ‘slowdowns’ per se… the framerate is consistent, just… low :slight_smile: but it isnt bouncing around or anything. although i DID notice that i got 60 fps during the intro… everywhere else, though, at 20-25…

1 Like

I’m sure this is already something you’ve done, but if your drivers aren’t up to date that would be a good thing to do as well!

yeah theyre always kept up to date… im pretty picky about keeping all my bioses and drivers up to snuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

@radio_babylon ok, one more thing to try - could you send us your log file? you can send it via the ingame bug reporter using shift+tab and just make a note of your username and issue in the text field. Alternatively you can attach it here. Your logs are located here: C:\Users\ [your username]\AppData\LocalLow\Brace Yourself Games\Phantom Brigade

sure, ill send one this evening or afternoon, first time i get a chance to game a bit today

1 Like

well, for whatever reason, everything ran at 60 fps tonight. so maybe it was some kind of transient problem, i dunno… or maybe just the tutorial mission was running slow but everything else is fine? ill keep an eye on it and if i see it again ill submit a log through the bug reporting mechanism…

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s resolved (for now?), and yes please do send a log if it happens again!